Tips for Wearing Accessories
Accessories, chosen correctly, can change an outfit from boring to fabulous in minutes. Chosen incorrectly, accessories can ruin your look. The following suggestions are a starting point to help you choose the accessories that will spice up your wardrobe.
1. Choose accessories to match the outfit, not an outfit to match your accessories. Before you purchase accessories know what outfit they will go with and how you will wear them.
2. Accessories should be in balance with the weight of your clothing. For instance, if you are wearing a skirt or suit in a heavy fabric don’t wear sandals.
3. Rings are great, but wearing too many at one time will look gaudy. For business, wear only one ring on each hand. Also, if your rings have become too tight they will create an unflattering look. Getting them off and stretched to fit your finger would be a good idea.
4. Wear earrings that flatter your face shape. If you have a long face avoid long dangling earrings. The long lines of the earrings will make the face appear longer. That style is better for those who will look better with the added length to their face.
5. Eyeglasses are considered an accessory. When you wear glasses limit the accessories around your face to two.
6. Match your earrings to the style of clothes you are wearing. Pearl earrings are best worn with a dressy outfit and flashy, ornate earrings are best kept for festive, party events.
7. Shoes are a great accessory and can really make a difference to the look of an outfit. Leopard prints and shoes with designs may be difficult to fit into a wardrobe and are usually a passing trend. Wear them with an outfit that picks up one of the colors in the shoes and keep other accessories to a minimum.